Salsa Sunday

When we are on the road, Sunday Funday takes on a whole new meaning.  Most of the time, Dear doesn't have to work on Sundays.  We normally hang out at the trailer and grill in the afternoons.  We usually have a couple of neighbors that will hang out and grill with us, too.  If they have kids to keep mine entertained, THEY ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!  😉

Yesterday I was getting my grocery list together for our afternoon grillin'.  Dear LOVES dips.  He likes to snack on them before supper and especially when we are grillin' out.  He's pretty easy to please.  His go-to is jarred salsa and Tostitos Scoops, but I thought I would surprise him with his FAVORITE salsa!

Dear was given this salsa recipe by a fellow pipeline wife 5 years ago.  I was pregnant with our first child and stayed home until I went to my monthly appointment.  He tried it at a neighbor's trailer and flipped out over it!!  He told her that I loved to cook and knew that I would enjoy this recipe as well!

Heather's Cilantro, Black Bean, and Corn Salsa

  • 1 (15oz) can yellow corn, drained
  • 1 (15oz) can white corn, drained
  • 2 (15oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (14.5oz) can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
  • 5 green onions, finely sliced
  • 1 small red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 c lime juice*
  • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced**
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • PLENTY OF SALT*** and black pepper to taste



  1. Stir the yellow and white corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large bowl. Gently mix in the lime juice and avocado. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.

*I use the juice of one big lime.

**I use two avocados.  Dear likes extra avocado!

***I'm not kidding about the salt.  It really makes a difference. I normally don't measure it out, but I do know that I put at least two teaspoons in it.



Here it is in ALL OF IT'S GLORY!
It's even better the next day! 

Do you have trouble cutting up an avocado?  
The video below is exactly how I peel and dice my avocados! 
I blew my husband's mind the first time he watched me do it!  HAHA!




Y'all come back!

Comments

Popular Posts