What's the point of making this soup?!

My kids would rather have cereal than this homemade soup!  What's the point of even folding this laundry?  My kids will just pull it out of the drawers.  What's the point of cleaning my floors?  They are just going to get dirty again.  Why even make up my bed?  The kids will just destroy it. What's the point in all of this nonsense?  What's the point of me picking up these shoes for the millionth time?  They are just going to be scattered again.  What's the point in even trying to fix supper?

What's the point is all of this?!  This is my path.

On a daily basis, I feel so defeated as a mom, wife, and teacher.  PLEASE never come to my house unexpectedly.  I might have a heart attack.  I feel like I should "have it altogether."  Let me tell you that I DO NOT.  I let the enemy beat me up every single day.  "You really stink keeping your kids in line.  You really cannot teach.  You are not cut out for this.  You are a terrible wife for not being on the road with your husband.  You are a bad mom for choosing to take on a new career."  and on and on and on...  EVERY SINGLE day.

Why do I even bother?  Why don't I just go back to being a stay at home mom?  Wouldn't it just be easier?  Why are you doing this to yourself?

Because I was called.


Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.  Deuteronomy 5:33

I was scared not to follow what the Lord had called me to do.  I literally was afraid of what might happen if I did not follow His commands.  I literally feel a "pull" in my chest to DO MORE.  What that MORE is, I'm not ready to reveal. 

 I am waiting on God's perfect timing.  Which is not my timing.  

The Lord had a divine plan for me to be a wife, mom, and teacher.  I am not the best in my categories.  I fail Him miserably every single day, but I will not go down without a fight.  I am faced situations that test my faith.  Every day I have to make the choice to do better.  I get to choose to be the hands and feet of Jesus or let the enemy beat me up.  You have a choice too my friend.  You may feel defeated and lost, but this is all apart of the plan.  STAND UP!  The battle has already been won at the Cross.

This is the soup I made that my children would've much rather had cereal over.  ughhhhh.... but one day they will crave this soup just like I do.  Mom would make this soup when we were kids even though she knew it was not our favorite. Her and Dad loved it.  Now I do, too.  So I see the point.  They planted the seed of something good, so that one day I may pass something good on to my children.  It was all a part of a plan.  A plan that they could not see, but they knew that it was in the making.  I know that it had to be frustrating to try to feed 3 kids a hearty, nutritional food.  I'm sure Mom wanted to throw the dishtowel at us and just give into cereal.  I mean, I'm about to pull my hair out with just 2 kids!!! She knew that she was trying to do good for generations to come.




Easy Hamburger and Veggie Soup

  • 1 pound ground chuck
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 pkg. frozen vegetables (green beans, corn, and carrots)
  • 1 (64 oz) bottle of V8 juice (original or spicy)
  • 1 c of uncooked macaroni noodles OR 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
  1. Brown the hamburger meat and onion until browned.  Drain the grease. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  2. Add V8 juice and frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil.
  3. Add noodles or potatoes.  Add water if the noodles/potatoes are soaking up the tomato juice. Simmer until noodles/potatoes are cooked.
I hope that you enjoy this simple recipe as much as I do!  
It's wonderful alongside cornbread!


So, hold on through the rough and CRAZY times.  It's a part of a bigger plan!  
You are called to this life!



Y'all come back!

Comments

Popular Posts