This DAY is BANANAS

I don't know about you, but my first child was pretty easy. Yes she got up in the middle of the night and normal infant stuff.  I was eager to get pregnant with the second child as soon as possible. I didn't want to get out of the "baby mode". You know what I mean: washing bottles, changing diapers, sleepless nights. If having kids were as easy as my K Girl, I GOT THIS! 

WRONG WRONG WRONG. 

My Dude, my Dude... Where do I begin?

He has cried literally every single day since we have come home from the hospital.  I don't mean the infant "I'm hungry or I'm wet" crying I mean the "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS KID?!" crying. Day in and Day out for months. "It is colic" they say... "There is nothing you can do about it" they say...  My goodness. It never stopped. His infancy is a blur to me. I really don't remember a lot of it. To this day, he still has crying fits. I will have no idea what's upsetting him. I told my friend, "remind me whenever he gets old enough to ask him WHAT WAS SO BAD?!"  I mean my goodness, give a mom a break. 

My Dude, My Dude... You push me to the limits. 

Any of you that know me personally, know some of my son's stories. About 6 months ago, I was awoken (in my house) from SPLAT, SPLAT, SPLAT on my kitchen floor. After the 8th SPLAT, I came to enough to go to the kitchen and there he stood.  Dude was throwing RAW eggs out of my fridge. He had climbed out of his crib and opened the refrigerator. I guess throwing eggs was a good idea at 2am to a two year old. 😑  Have you ever cleaned raw eggs up in the middle of the night? Gosh, IT IS DIFFICULT!  Talk about wanting to pull your hair out! 

Dude has MANY MANY more frustrating stories, but I will tell you what happened to me yesterday. 

Our fifth wheel has a stacking washer and dryer! Which is wonderful! I do not have to go to the laundromat. As I was typing my previous post, I thought the kids were playing with their toys. Boy was I wrong about Dude! I hear his hands squishing in something. I look over the bed, and there he was in a puddle of liquid laundry detergent. It gets better... 
WE HAVE CARPET IN OUR BEDROOM. 
Now I have a bottle of liquid laundry detergent on my carpeted floor. 😑 I have used towel after towel trying to clean it up. I had to RINSE the towels out after each use. It looks like I'll have to buy a shop vacuum to get the rest out. I called my best friend and said "it's every single day. Why does he do something every single day?! Are there any other kids like him?! I can't take my eyes off of him for a second!" 

If you have a child that just going to the bathroom is a race against the clock, I feel you Mama. I feel you. I came in the trailer to day and flung the groceries on the counter. I HAD to tinkle SO BAD! During that time, Dude peeled EVERY SINGLE BANANA that I bought. There were 6. Don't worry he didn't eat them. They are peeled and in a baggie.  They were supposed to be his snacks throughout the week.  Like WHY SON, WHY?! 

I love him so much. He's a healthy boy, and for that I AM SO GRATEFUL.  I'm not complaining about having my child. I just want other mamas to know that you are not alone. I have one of those difficult, crying, unpredictable, running away, screaming, lays in the floor, can't take him in public kids. It's okay. You are not alone. 

My favorite time of day though, is first thing in the morning. He gets right in my face and says "Hi Mama."  It melts my heart every time. Every hug to my leg, every time he sits in my lap, every time he gives me a kiss, I know being his mom what I was meant for. 

He's my Dude.

Comments

Popular Posts