Top 5 Reasons Why I Enjoyed my First Disney Cruise

❤️Top 5 Reasons Why I want to go on ANOTHER Disney Cruise!❤️

This past week my family and I attended a Disney Very Merry Christmas Cruise. To say that it exceeded my expectations is an understatement. I was completely floored. Like JAW👏🏻 ON👏🏻 THE👏🏻 FLOOR👏🏻! 

After the 2016 Christmas season, my immediate family (brother, sis-in-law, sister, mother, my husband, and two children) decided that we wanted to take a family vacation for Christmas 2017. We decided that we would rather have family memories of a trip than physical gifts to each other. 

With having two toddlers at the time, I was leery about going anywhere that wasn’t extremely kid friendly. Thankfully my sister and sister in law are Disney fans!! We mutually agreed on a Disney cruise. We had been talking about doing one for years, even before my dad passed away.  He would joke around and say “I’ll pay for y’all to go on one!  I don’t want to go!”  He was a joker; he would’ve really enjoyed this trip! I believe that he would’ve loved this cruise for the same reasons that I’m about to list. 

🧜🏼‍♀️The Ease of Getting through the Port.🧜🏼‍♀️  I was tense.  As a mom of two small children about going through a busy port, I was on pins and needles. People from all nations trying to get on one boat. It was a pretty overwhelming thought.  Disney was SO ORGANIZED. I was blown away at how “well oiled” this process was!  We had no troubles maneuvering through the port.  Everything operated in a timely and orderly fashion. I had all of our passports and identity ready in hand. It was a breeze to board. 

🧜🏼‍♀️It wasn’t just for children.🧜🏼‍♀️ My husband expected to be on a “nursery” boat. Dear was happy to be going on vacation but not thrilled at the idea of a “Mickey Mouse” boat.  He was  blown away by how much there was for the adults!  The Disney Dream had the Aquaduct slide, Movie theaters that played Star Wars, Bingo Nights with Cash Prizes, magic shows, animal towel folding classes, spa and fitness lounge, nail salon, putt putt golf, adults only lounges & restaurants, and so much more! 

🧜🏼‍♀️The Housekeeping🧜🏼‍♀️ I wanted to hug our housekeeper, but i didn’t want him to think the short haired blonde lady was insane. Our room was picked up not only once but TWICE a day!  I’m not talking about tidied up, I mean CLEANED.  I saw vacuum lines in the carpet, Spic and span bath, emptied trash cans, tightly made beds, and a sparkling toilet.  I felt a weight lifted off of my shoulders coming in to a beautiful room that I didn’t have to work around kids and a husband to clean up. Someone wanted to make sure that Moms were on vacation, too. Is it just me or do you get stressed out on vacation if your hotel room looks like suitcases exploded?!  Each night after dinner I would come in to an adorable animal folded blanket, the kids’ toys staged in a cute scene, turned down sheets, and NOTHING on the floor. Thank You DCL for thinking of this Mom. 

🧜🏼‍♀️The Veranda Balcony🧜🏼‍♀️ If it was said once, WE all said it 100x “THE BALCONY IS WORTH IT!” It was so nice to sit on our balcony and watch the water at any moment. Our family had three rooms side by side. We folded the partitions that separated our balconies to make it one big balcony.  We would all freely walk to each other’s rooms, drink coffee while watching the sun rise, and my sister in law had easy access to bang on our balcony doors to get us up to look at Castaway Cay! 😂 She kept saying “do y’all SEE this?!?!”  The balcony was a must, and we will have to book another room with it. No exceptions. 

🧜🏼‍♀️No cellular service.🧜🏼‍♀️  We didn’t get the international plan for this trip. We decided to just unplug from the world for 4 Days. No Facebook, Instagram, texts, calls, email, messenger, NOTHING.  I was present in what was happening. I was present in the memories.  I didn’t feel the need to respond to messages or notifications. I couldn’t do it so I just turned my phone on airplane mode and put it in the bag.  I watched Toy Story poolside with my son without any texts. I took my daughter to the Bippity Boppity boutiquYe without having to take a call. My husband and I played Mega Bungo without notifications dinging. It was so nice to be present in our vacation.  I love talking on the phone, texting, and connecting with others. It was just nice to not have the temptation of scrolling through your phone and missing precious moments. 


Because wasn’t that the whole reason of the trip? To have memories that would last a lifetime? 



Comments

Popular Posts