What does your Big Life look like?

So I cannot believe that it has taken me this long to order myself a wireless keyboard for my phone!!!


Now I have my laptop at my fingertips at all times!  This summer, I promised myself that I would make time to blog.  I miss it.  It is an outlet for me. I am so thankful to have my first year of teaching over with!  

What a whirlwind?!  Traveling back and forth to see my husband on the weekends, taking online courses, observations, managing 15 kindergarteners for 8 hours a day, and trying to teach them something.  I also have tow small children and trying to run a small business.  What is wrong with me?!  

I really don’t know what I would if my life wasn’t “too much”.  I am reading a devotional named “Always Enough, Never Too Much” by Jess Connolly & Hayley Morgan.  100 Devotions to Quit Comparing, Stop Hiding, and Start Living Wild and Free

I’m down for wild and free!  That is what my soul longs for!  I want that life that is unpredictable and BIG!  When I say “big” life, the best explanation of this that I have found is this excerpt. 

“A big life is big because it has been built with everything you’ve got, not just the good parts, not just the happy parts: everything. A big life is big in all the ways. Big reward. Big pain. Big sacrifice. Big sadness. Big disappointment. Big excitement. Big happiness.”


My BIG will look different from your big.  That is why I’m enjoying this devotional so much.  I always feel like I’m TOO MUCH.  I take on too much, I have too many ideas, I take on too many tasks, and I long for too much.  I want to blog, experiment new recipes, photography, learn calligraphy, live minimally, expand my knowledge on essential oils, teach with passion, study different methods of teaching, incorporating live fish in my classroom, taking my kindergarten bells a step further, be a present mom, expand my oil business with women that want to build with me, lead women spiritually, help women emotionally, and SOOOOO much more.  I have grand ideas.  The excerpt out of my devotion that I love so much is this, “He didn’t give me a mind that loves routine or schedules, but He gave me a mind that can imagine things that are not there yet.”  I paused whenever I read this and thought “do these people know me or something?”  I was floored.  

I kept reading.  “There is a pull inside me to bring those ideas forth.  I think maybe it’s one way I reflect the image of our Creator God.  I’ve learned, though, that I can best steward my ideas when I choose wisely what to act on.  Not every idea needs to live outside my head.  Some ideas are best kept tumbling around in my brain.” 

What on earth?!  This is speaking volumes to me!  I need to discern and decide what ideas are attainable and reasonable.  “

“What is best to reveal God to other people?  Do I have the time and resources to pursue this idea? COULD THIS BE SHELVED FOR ANOTHER SEASON IN LIFE?! Will my family benefit from this?”

I’m freeing my myself on the inside!  This is the best 3 pages that I have ever read in my LIFE!!!!  Most of the time I feel like a MAD woman trying to let all of my ideas escape from my mind, and it drives me insane that I cannot bounce these ideas around.  If you are like me in this way, I highly recommend this devotional!  The other half of the devotional is about feeling enough.  YOU ARE ALWAYS ENOUGH. ALWAYS!  I find the other half just as helpful, but this devotion about brought me to my knees. 

 My cousin says “Abby, you always have a goal.  It doesn’t matter what aspect of your life it is.”  I am in no way organized, and I am probably doing it ALL wrong.  I’m just running in a direction that the Lord has laid out for me.  I have no idea what I’m doing.  I have laundry that needs to be folded, meals that I want to prepare and take to others, toys and clothes that need to be donated, mail piled up to my eyeballs, and my mind is like a fish flopping out of water.  It is time for me to start discerning and storing away for a different season.  I am living my BIG life.  Every struggle, meltdown, victory, defeat, every single step.  

“Your ideas can be an enormous blessing to the world.  Not everyone is built like you.  So use your ideas to show the world why God is such a great Creator.  And use your ideas as a vehicle for wisdom and intimacy with the Lord, because that’s what every good gift He gives is all about anyway.”



Comments

Popular Posts