Teaching Testimony (Part 2)

So the next morning after my cousin spoke it, I went straight to our bank.  Now that's a strange place to go when you want to become a teacher!  Our banker was a good friend of Daddy's, a religious man, and a member of our school board.  I told him what had happened and that I felt like it might be my mission.  Him and I have talked before about missionaries in our area.  I told him "Maybe this is my call to be a missionary? maybe I'm supposed to give a child the confidence that they need.  Maybe I'm supposed to show them there is love and someone can believe in them?"  He immediately started crying and agreed with me.  We talked and talked about it.  He sent me straight to the school board office from there. 

I went to the school board office.  I talked to the superintendent.  He seemed excited that I was interested in teaching.  He told me to come back the next day and speak to the woman over alternative certification.

I went back the next day, to speak to her.  It was my first time meeting her.  I told her what had happened to me two days prior and then said "I don't know why I'm here, but I'm scared to resist what I feel like I am being called to do!"  She was on board from that moment on!  Mrs. B has been my rock from that moment on!  I'm pretty sure she saw the burning desire I have.  

I signed up to take the Praxis II Elementary Content that following week! I also got a job offer to teach Kindergarten before I even knew what happened!  I really wanted to be at my alma mater, but the Lord had different plans for me.  I accepted the job and told the principal that I had not taken the Praxis II.  He said "you're my kindergarten teacher."

I studied as well as I knew how to.  I PASSED!  I could NOT believe it!  I went straight to Ulta and bought some new lipstick to celebrate!  HAHA!  (I'm a sucker for lipsticks!)

I prayed "I won't stop until You close a door."

I emailed my principal to let him know that I passed.  He replied "I never had a doubt that you wouldn't pass."  From that point on, things kept falling into place for my new career path.  I got to have my room painted, loving people donated from my Amazon Wish List, and I furiously worked to make the classroom MY OWN!  






My dog, Chief, wanted to help me out! (above picture)


These are not the final pictures.  It's still a work in progress, but the kids and I LOVE IT!  
I'll update changes and updates along the way!

So that wraps it up for me tonight!  

Take away thought:  Work on fulfilling your purpose.  It will be uncomfortable.  It may not be what you thought.  It might just be for a "season of life". but

FOLLOW YOUR PATH!


Y'all come back!



Comments

Popular Posts