Teaching Testimony

It has been forever since I have posted!  So much has happened over the summer!  Let me fill you in on what is going on in this mama's life!

This summer, Dear drove in from his job for the weekend.  We had a great weekend.  We played with the kids, grilled outside, took the kids to go play in the field, just had a GREAT weekend!  

He drove back to work early that following Monday morning.  For the next two days, without telling each other, we both experienced so much sadness.  We have spent months apart, it wasn't like we were missing each other SO BAD that we couldn't stand it.  My sadness was literally in my chest, and it hurt!  Like I was grieving!

We talk throughout the day a lot, but for some reason for two day we didn't mention to each other the sadness that we were experiencing.  Finally, I told Dear, "I HAVE BEEN SO SAD! I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I FEEL THIS WAY!"  He told me "I have been battling something, too!  I have been so upset!"  We both agreed that we should hang up the phone and pray.  Dude just so happened to be asleep, so I got in another quiet room.  I prayed so HARD.  I prayed that God would show me my path.  I wanted that pain in my chest gone.  I knew God was calling me to do something!  I felt it.  I told Him "If you want me to sell everything and move across the country, I'll try to convince Dear of it!"  haha!  I begged and begged, "just tell me. my ears are open. I am listening!"  Just let me see, PLEASE LET ME HEAR YOUR WILL!

The pain immediately left so I knew that I had prayed for the right thing.  I went about picking up the house and doing other things.  All I could keep saying was "I am listening.  I am listening."  I wanted my answer to be like a little cricket chirping in my ear with instructions.  I actually said "I wish You could just send me a detailed e-mail, God!"  LOL!

K Girl had gone swimming with my cousins earlier that afternoon.  I went out to pick her up.  It had been forever since I had seen their family.  I visited with them for a while and the subject of K Girl going to school this year came up.  I told them how on the fence I was about homeschooling and even considered putting her in the public school in the town that Dear was working at.  She said "have you ever considered teaching school?  There are a lot of positions opening up?"  I immediately said "NO WAY!  I have never thought of that!"  She said, "why not?  You are very creative, have a college degree, you would have insurance, the same breaks as your children, and you only work until 3 every day!"  

IT HIT MY LIKE A TON OF BRICKS!  I grabbed her shoulder and EXCLAIMED " I PRAYED SO HARD EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON THAT GOD WOULD TELL ME WHAT HE WANTS ME TO DO!  YOU ARE TELLING ME WHAT I SHOULD DO!" 

The sadness that we both felt was the longing for Dear to come home and not spend so much time away.  A small second income would be wonderful! We could still travel to see him, and I would have the feeling of being out in the world.  I have always seen myself standing in front of a crowd, motivating and speaking,  I just NEVER considered that the audience would be little people.  

She was like OH MY GOODNESS! We all talked and talked about how it was not a coincidence!  I couldn't believe it, but the more I thought about it the more I was like "I cannot do this.  it is too hard."  Then I prayed "Lord, I'll keep going until you close a door!"  


TO BE CONTINUED...


The definition of nomad is a member of a people having no permanent abode, and who travel from place to place to find fresh pasture for their livestock.

I still consider myself The Nomad Mama.  I am "traveling" through different seasons in life.  My life has no permenent home. I will go wherever I am led to find "fresh pasture" for my tribe.  



Y'all come back!

Comments

Popular Posts