Spicy Dill Pickled Eggs

Let's go ahead and state the obvious… I'm becoming the pickled egg lady.  😆  THANKS DEAR, for fueling my curiosity for new recipes and cooking methods.

A friend of mine has chickens, and she reads my blog posts.  (Thank You, Susan!)   I couldn't imagine if I had a chicken coop!  My husband would have so many darn chickens that would be selling my pickled eggs!  I would become the CRAZY pickled egg lady!  Anyway, she tried the Alligator Eggs that I posted last month and added a bay leaf in hers!  

I was like, "YES! THAT'S THE SOMETHING EXTRA THAT I'M MISSING!"

I immediately took the addition of a bay leaf in mind whenever I came up with this recipe!  I will have to say these are my husband's favorite!  He said that these are the best ones that I've made!  I was so proud whenever he said that because I came up with this recipe after reading numerous others!  

Now, I want to share it with you!

SPICY DILL PICKLED EGGS


  • 8 large* hard boiled eggs, peeled
  • 1c water
  • 1c white vinegar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 tsp dill weed
  • 1 clove of garlic, smashed
  1. Using a clean 1 quart jar, put eggs in jar.
  2. Heat the remaining ingredients in a sauce pan.  Bring them just to a boil.  Remove from heat and cool.
  3. Pour the brine over the eggs and refrigerate.
  4. Try to wait 3 days before eating, but good luck with that!
*medium eggs are an EGG-cellent ;) option.  They will soak up the brine faster.  You may also be able to fit 10 medium eggs in your quart jar.

What I love about this recipe is that all of the eggs and brine fit in a quart jar!  A lot of recipes that I have found do not specify how big of a jar or how many eggs to use.  There is no extra brine to throw out or cramming eggs! #winnerwinnerchickendinner 




I took this picture on my iPhone with the live mode.  I wish it would show the "live" shot on here.  The dill was swirling around.  :)  I will have to figure out how to upload one! 

Y'all come back!






Comments

Popular Posts